Cycling and mountain-biking in the national park Hohe Tauern
Casa Montana, Niedernsill and cyclists
Niedernsill is perfect as a central base from which to explore the cycle paths and biketrails of the region. Casa Montana warmly welcomes you!
- we provide a garage where you can safely store your bike for the night
- there is a workshop where you can make repairs (bring your own tools)
- we offer comfortable rooms
- the facilities include a lounge and 2 sunny terraces where you can enjoy a cold drink
- you can use the dryroom to dry wet clothes
- we have a lot of experience with groups, so please bring your friends!
The Tauern cycle path
This 270km long route between the Krimmler Waterfalls and the city of Salzburg, along the banks of the Salzach and Saalach rivier, offers numurous side trips to magnificent natural wonders, castles and cities. The route can be done in both directions, but the way from Krimml to Salzburg is gently downhill with only 2 uphill parts. You will find more information and a description of the route on the official website www.tauernradweg.at
130 biketours of all levels await you in the national park Hohe Tauern. Read more about them on the informative website www.tauern-bike.at
For freestyle fun you go to the funparks in Leogang and in Saalbach-Hinterglemm.
The latest trend: explore the cycle paths of the Hohe Tauern the comfortable way!
Cycle- and bikeroutes from Niedernsill: a few suggestions
1. Hochbrack – Nagelköpfel (difficulty: moderate – 611 altimeters)
Route: from Casa Montana downhill to the tourist office – across the bridge over the Salzach in the direction of the main road and under the overpass to Gaisbichl – turn left across the bridge and follow the street to Hochbrack – continue to Röderlehen and on the asphaltroad to Naglbauer in Walchen.
2. Mühlbachtal (difficulty: moderate – 731 altimeters)
Route: from Casa Montana directly into the Mühlbachtal – along the Mühlbach river, across the bridge to the Schaunbergalm. Return the same way.
3. Burgeck – Unterholz (difficulty: moderate – 511 altimeters)
Route: from Casa Montana uphill in the direction of the Mühlbachtal – turn left and continue to the bridge – turn left again and follow the signs to Jausenstation Burgeck – continue to Unterholfz and Hummersdorf and back to Niedernsilli
4. Hochsonnbergalm – Pinzgauer Hütte (difficulty: moderate – 1059 altimeters)
Route: take the Tauern cycle path to Walchen at Piesendorf – turn left at the church to Naglbauer – turn right to Mittereggbauer – follow the forestroad to the Hochsonnbergalm. From here you have the possibility to continue to the Pinzgauer Hütte.
Suggestion: buy the Salzburgerland Card and visit many attractions in SalzburgerLand for free.